School uniform plays a vital role in promoting the ethos of a school, providing a sense of belonging and identity and setting an appropriate tone for education. By creating a common identity amongst all pupils, regardless of background, a school uniform can also act as a social leveller.
The “Education (Guidance about Costs of School Uniforms) Act 2021” states that all stipulated school uniform items must be affordable for all and any branded items, purchased through uniform suppliers, offer value for money. This statutory guidance came into effect in September 2022.
The Aspire Uniform Policy, formed in part by parent/pupil voice, ensures each individual uniform offering across the trust is in line with this legislation and helps maintain the balance between affordability and upholding of school ethos and identity.
At Treverbyn, staff and children pride themselves on looking smart and ready to work.
Our school uniform comprises:
- Grey / black trousers, pinafore dress or skirt (no leggings)
- Plain black or grey tights or socks
- White polo shirt / white shirt or blouse
- School jumper, cardigan or fleece (school logo optional)
- Plain black school shoes - no heels, trainers, boots or open toes
- Pale blue and white striped or checked dress
- Black / dark grey shorts
- White, grey or black socks